Cable protection products are designed for protecting cables from harsh environments and also keeping cables under control, preventing accidental tripping or disconnections in your environment. Here are just five (5) ways KT can help you protect your cables.
Split Loom is used for a wide-range of applications being used as a cable protector and cable organizer at the same time. Split loom, also known as split conduit, is a flexible tube made
from polypropylene, with a split to easily insert your cable. This cable protection solution is very efficient if there’s an instance where another wire needs to be added. Subsequently, you can easily
slip it into the split loom without having to remove the whole cable or wire bundles helping maintain a safe and hassle free environment.
- Protects cables from abrasion, punctures, fluid and friction
- Takes a mess of cables and wraps them into a neat and stylish bundle
- Split Loom Tool Available for easy application!
- Split Loom Joiners Available to Join Looms in a variety of ways
- Available in Retail Packs:KT Split Loom retail packs are available in 3M and 10M lengths from 7mm through to 16mm
- Available in Bulk Rolls: KT Split Loom is available in bulk rolls including 30M, 50M, 100M, 150M, 250M and 400M. Roll sizes vary depending on the size of the loom.
- Find out more about KT Split Loom Tools and Joiners
Spiral Wrapping is ideal for offering abrasion resistance and insulation protection for cables and hoses used on construction equipment, and in the mining, oil and gas industries. Spiral wrapping
will help avoid those costly breakdowns due to wear on your cables and hoses. When installing Spiral Wrapping, an increased gap between spirals will provide for greater economy and flexibility.
Where spirals butted tightly with little or no gap will provide for maximum abrasion resistance, insulation protection and greater rigidity. The ends of your spiral wrap application can be secured with cable ties.
- Allows breakouts for re-routing of cables
- Made of thick polyethylene plastic which prevents abrasion
- Extremely versatile
- All sizes available in black and natural colouring
- Available in Bulk Rolls:Each size available in 10M, 25M and 50M lengths.
- Sizes range from 3mm up to 24mm
3. Pigs Tail
Pigs Tail is a HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) protective wrapping designed for easy installation to existing hydraulic hoses. Pigs Tail provides protection against wear and damage caused by
misuse, poor maintenance, or aggressive working environments.
- Developed to increase the service life of hydraulic hoses
- Manufactured from tough HDPE for ultimate protection against abrasive wear and crushing damage
- Unique rounded edges facilitate installation and reduce risk of exposed sharp edges
- Wide range of sizes suits most hose diameters
- Can be used to protect a single hose or to bundle hoses/cables together
- Spiral cut for ultimate flexibility
- Resistant to chemical attack and suitable for use in the most aggressive environments
- Suitable for use with equipment operating across a wide temperature range (-10°C to 90°C)
- Fire resistant and anti-static versions available for use in sensitive environments
- Suitable for use with all hydraulic fluids including glycol and phosphate ester based products
- Available in Black Pigs Tail: UV resistant and has a maximum working temperature 70°C. The standard colour is black however, it is also available in red, blue, yellow and ananti-static fire resistant material on special request.
4. PVC Tubing
PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) is a clean and durable thermoplastic compound with flame, corrosion and chemical resistant properties. PVC Tubing may be used in applications such as automotive
harnesses, motorboats, all-terrain vehicles, truck harnesses, aircrafts, motorhomes and other transportation.
- Designed for continuous operation in the -35°C to +85°C temperature range
- Self-extinguishing and does not support combustion
- Remains flexible at low temperatures – ideal for automotive and recreational vehicle harnesses
- High oil resistance and outstanding deformation resistance at 120°C
- Available in Bulk Rolls: Sizes and lengths vary depending on the size of the tubing, available from 25M up to 500M.
- Sizes range from 4mm through to 40mm
5. Nylon Conduit
Nylon Conduit has many advantages over standard Split Loom. It resists many oils, solvents and petrochemicals, is extremely tough and has high impact strength and a long fatigue life
The Harness flex system offers extreme versatility for both harness manufacture and general purpose applications. Can be used on appliances such as automotive wire and cable sleeving, computer equipment, medical devices, machineries, wire conduits and more.
- Able to withstand temperatures from – 40° C to 120° C for static use
- Flame retardant
- Extremely flexible
- UV Resistant; Halogen free
- Available in a wide range of sizes
- Durable and light weight
- Split or non-split available for easy installation
- Highly resistant to abrasion, oil or solvents
- The corrugated construction provides good flexibility and low weight, durable, long lasting conduit that is rugged yet flexible.
- Corrugated nylon conduit is resistant to liquids, oils and gases and highly resistant to acids
- Available in Bulk Rolls: Sizes range from 12mm through to 40mm.
- Bulk roll lengths range from 25M through to 100M